Making healthy food choices is now an essential skill that every person should possess. The massive multi-media health awareness campaigns have made sure that majority of the world population has this knowledge. Well at least the world that that can afford to select what they have for supper. The other side is worried that there might be no supper.
We hope these advices will help you make better food choices. Remember the same works for almost everything. If you spend lunch time playing casino games after 21 days it will be a habit.
Despite the wide distribution of information, the percentage of obese people in the world is on the increase. This is probably because of indifference or lack of self-discipline. Honestly everyone wants to be healthy. And if you are not going to make healthy food choices to increase the length of your life then make them to improve the quality of life. Healthy food produces beautiful skin and a healthy sized body. Whether we like to admit it or not attractive people have it a little easier. Thus a better quality of life.
How to make Healthy Food Choices
Once you have resolved to better your life by altering the way you eat the next stage is to make it a habit. Below are 5 tips on how create a habit of making healthy food choices.
- Change your default position. This is the most difficult part. Your mind will resist the changes. You will have to “force-reset” it to the new position by repeating the action you want to become the default. Develop muscle memory for the thing
- Don’t punish yourself for failure. When you fail you and revert to the old system do not punish yourself. Rather take the lesson and continue on your way
- Avoid making decisions when hungry. Hunger causes people to make irrational decisions. Make sure you keep your blood sugar high to avoid this.
- Get rid of all temptations. In the interest of being humane. And considering that we started by mentioning the starving. We will advise you to give away all the “bad” food and not throw it away. The recipients will really appreciate it.
- Continue for 21 days. Do stop even after falling. Experts say it takes 21 days to build a habit. So just continue going and you will win at it.
Photograph by Rita E